SLRA members can update their personal information, review Water Test results, access newsletters and more in the Members Only section of the website.
Fishing in Ontario
Soyers Lake is in Zone 15
Lake Water Levels
Choose Burnt River Watershed and then Canning Lake from the Trent-Severn Waterway website
Landfill Site Hours
Courtesy of the Township of Minden Hills website.
Power Outage Map
Hydro One map of current power outages
Forest Fire Information
Ministry of Natural Resources
Forest Fire Info Map
Courtesy of Team Haliburton Highlands RE/MAX.
Click Construction in the Traffic and Road Info area of the MTO Interactive Map
- Last updated - August 3, 2017
- SLRA 2016 Financial Statement and AGM Meeting Minutes were added to the MEMBERS ONLY area (Make sure to have your login information ready)
- Information on 2017 Soyers Lake Corn Roast was added below
2016 Soyers Lake Photo Contest
The Winners were announced in the Spring 2017 Newsletter.
In the Scenery Category - Karen Doucette for Kosmo in Kayak
In the Wildlife Category - Terry Rutherford for Butterfly
In the Action Category - Stefan Laszek for Kid in Flight
- Current Soyers Lake News
- Soyers Lake Spring 2017 Newsletter (Added May 8, 2017)
- Lake Steward 2017 Spring Report (Added May 8, 2017)
- Pay Your Dues by e-Transfer (Added April 16, 2017)
- Soyers Lake Maps (Added June 8, 2016)
- 2015 Soyers Lake Annual General Meeting (Added July 15, 2015)
- Minden Hills Passes New Noise By-Law (Added October 21, 2013)
- Septic System Video (Added July 7, 2013)
- Shoreline Tree Preservation By-Law (Added November 14, 2012)
- Low Impact Lake Recreation (Added March 23, 2012)
- The Importance of Calcium in our Lakes (Added March 23, 2012)
- Informational Cottage Posters (Added June 16, 2011)
- New SWAP SHOP area on this Website (Added November 3, 2010)
- New Members Only Features on this Website (Added August 9, 2010)
- Area News
- Haliburton Highlander
- Haliburton Echo Website
- Minden Times Website
Soyers Lake Activities - 2017
Annual General Meeting - Saturday July 8, 2017
The 2017 Annual General Meeting was held at the Haliburton Highlands Outdoors Association Fish Hatchery on Saturday July 8, 2017.
Soyers Lake Bass Fishing Derby
The annual Bass Fishing Derby is again being held for children under 16 years of age. The Derby will begin on the Opening Day of Bass Fishing Season and will end at the Corn Roast. Fish must be caught in Soyers Lake. We promote “Catch and Release” and in order to accomplish this you will bring to the Corn Roast pictures of your longest bass with a clearly visible tape measure lying along its length. The fish will be judged on length alone.
Fun Sail - Saturday August 5, 2017 at 2:00 pm
The No Wind date will be Sunday, August 6, 2017 at 2:00 pm. Please get out your sailboats and join us at 2:00pm at the North end of the lake for a fun-filled afternoon on the water.
Corn Roast - Saturday August 19, 2017 at 4:00 pm
The Corn Roast will be held from 4:00pm to 7:00pm at the Turner Farm, 1942 Soyers Lake Road (beside last year's location). In case of rain the location will change to the Haliburton Highlands Outdoors Association Fish Hatchery.
In honour of Canada's 150th anniversary, we will be celebrating by asking everyone to wear Red and White
Pictures from 2016 Activities