SLRA members can update their personal information, review Water Test results, access newsletters and more in the Members Only section of the website.
View the Haliburton Head Lake web camera and see what's going on.
Lake Water Levels
Choose Burnt River Watershed and then Canning Lake from the Trent-Severn Waterway website
Landfill Site Hours
Courtesy of the Township of Minden Hills website.
Forest Fire Danger Level
Ministry of Natural Resources
Forest Fire Danger Map
Click Construction in the Traffic and Road Info area of the MTO Interactive Map
Soyers Lake Photo Contest
We know that our members take lots of photos every year at their homes and cottages. This year we are holding a photo competition for all of you eager photographers.
Just submit your best photos to email@example.com and we will judge the photos after the fall newsletter and announce the winners in our spring 2015 newsletter.
There will be a prize!
- Current Soyers Lake News
- Major Tax Increases due to OPP Funding (Updated April 22, 2014)
- Soyers Lake Spring 2014 Newsletter (Added April 22, 2014)
- Minden Hills Passes New Noise By-Law (Added October 21, 2013)
- Septic System Video (Added July 7, 2013)
- Changes to the Trent Severn Waterway (Added February 9, 2013)
- Soyers Lake Donates to HHHSF (Added November 14, 2012)
- Shoreline Tree Preservation By-Law (Added November 14, 2012)
- Low Impact Lake Recreation (Added March 23, 2012)
- The Importance of Calcium in our Lakes (Added March 23, 2012)
- It's All About the Water (Added January 29, 2012)
- As the Temperature Rises (Added July 24, 2011)
- Informational Cottage Posters (Added June 16, 2011)
- New SWAP SHOP area on this Website (Added November 3, 2010)
- New Members Only Features on this Website (Added August 9, 2010)
- Area News
- Haliburton Highlander
- Haliburton Echo Website
- Minden Times Website
Soyers Lake Activities Calendar - 2014
Annual General Meeting - Saturday July 5, 2014
The 2014 Annual General Meeting was held at the Haliburton Highlands Outdoors Association Fish Hatchery on Saturday July 5.
Soyers Lake Bass Derby
The annual Bass Fishing Derby is again being held for children under 16 years of age. The Derby will begin on the Opening Day of Bass Fishing Season and will end at the Corn Roast. Fish must be caught in Soyers Lake. We promote “Catch and Release” and in order to accomplish this you will bring to the Corn Roast pictures of your longest bass with a clearly visible tape measure lying along its length. The fish will be judged on length alone.
Soyers Lake Golf Get Together - Saturday July 19, 2014
The format of the golf tournament will be a social non-competitive NINE and DINE. The tournament will be held at the Blairhampton Golf Club on Saturday July 19. Last year we had over thirty golfers who enjoyed a fun social event – let's hope we have even more golfers sign up this year. Please contact Derrell Stamp.
Fun Sail - Saturday August 2, 2014 at 2:00pm
The No Wind date will be Sunday, August 3, 2014 at 2:00pm. Please get out your sailboats and join us at 2:00pm at the North end of the lake for a fun-filled afternoon on the water.
Corn Roast - Saturday August 16, 2014 at 5:00pm
Last year we had over 150 people in attendance. Please come out and meet your neighbours for some camaraderie and good cheer. There are games for the children and supper for all with burgers, hot dogs and of course, corn on the cob. Please bring your own lawn chairs and a donation for the Haliburton Highlands Hospital
Pictures from 2013 Events