SLRA members can update their personal information, review Water Test results, access newsletters and more in the Members Only section of the website.
Courtesy of Team Haliburton Highlands RE/MAX.
Lake Water Levels
Choose Burnt River Watershed and then Canning Lake from the Trent-Severn Waterway website
Landfill Site Hours
Courtesy of the Township of Minden Hills website.
Forest Fire Information
Ministry of Natural Resources
Forest Fire Info Map
Click Construction in the Traffic and Road Info area of the MTO Interactive Map
- Last updated - August 16, 2016
- Photos from the 2016 Fun Sail were added in the PHOTOS area
- The Soyers Lake Summer Newsletter was added in the MEMBERS ONLY / NEWSLETTERS area (Make sure to have your login information ready)
- A link to a Haliburton Webcam was added to the USEFUL LINKS area on this page.
2016 Soyers Lake Photo Contest
Don't forget to submit your photos, especially now that we have a competition for best picture in several categories. All entries must be submitted by December 31, 2016 to be eligible for the 2016 Photo competition and winners will be announced in next year's spring newsletter. There will be a prize for nature, action and wildlife. We would love to see some action photos that we can use in our competition – with people doing fun things around the cottage – swimming, waterskiing, sledding, sitting around the campfire etc. etc.
Email your pictures to: firstname.lastname@example.org
2015 Soyers Lake Photo Contest
The Winners were announced in the Spring 2016 Newsletter.
In the Scenery Category - Steve McMurray for Majestic Pine
In the Wildlife Category - Terry Rutherford for Heron Leaving
In the Action Category - Ingrid Doucette for Jumping from Raft
- Current Soyers Lake News
- Soyers Lake Summer 2016 Newsletter (Added August 16, 2016)
- Soyers Lake Maps (Added June 8, 2016)
- 2015 Soyers Lake Annual General Meeting (Added July 15, 2015)
- Minden Hills Passes New Noise By-Law (Added October 21, 2013)
- Septic System Video (Added July 7, 2013)
- Changes to the Trent Severn Waterway (Added February 9, 2013)
- Shoreline Tree Preservation By-Law (Added November 14, 2012)
- Low Impact Lake Recreation (Added March 23, 2012)
- The Importance of Calcium in our Lakes (Added March 23, 2012)
- It's All About the Water (Added January 29, 2012)
- As the Temperature Rises (Added July 24, 2011)
- Informational Cottage Posters (Added June 16, 2011)
- New SWAP SHOP area on this Website (Added November 3, 2010)
- New Members Only Features on this Website (Added August 9, 2010)
- Area News
- Haliburton Highlander
- Haliburton Echo Website
- Minden Times Website
Soyers Lake Activities - 2016
Corn Roast - Saturday August 20, 2016 at 5:00 pm
By popular demand, we will be returning to the Elstone property for this well attended event. Please come out and meet your neighbours for some camaraderie and good cheer. There are games for the children and supper for all with burgers, hot dogs and of course, corn on the cob. Please bring your own lawn chair and a donation for the Haliburton Highlands Hospital.
Soyers Lake Bass Fishing Derby
The annual Bass Fishing Derby is again being held for children under 16 years of age. The Derby will begin on the Opening Day of Bass Fishing Season and will end at the Corn Roast. Fish must be caught in Soyers Lake. We promote “Catch and Release” and in order to accomplish this you will bring to the Corn Roast pictures of your longest bass with a clearly visible tape measure lying along its length. The fish will be judged on length alone.
Fun Sail - Saturday July 30, 2016
Annual General Meeting
The 2016 Annual General Meeting was held at the Haliburton Highlands Outdoors Association Fish Hatchery on Saturday July 9, 2016.
Pictures from 2015 Events